Age Tracker

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Day 1 at the hospital

April 16: Today I am 24 weeks gestation. I was scheduled to have a fetal fibronectin test done The test was came back positive. Given that I have a history of an incompetent cervix that measures 1.0cm (short), the doctors are being cautious and taking preventative measures to keep these babies from delivering early. In addition to the strict bed rest that I have been put on since late March, they have decided to admit me to the hospital to continue to keep a close watch on the babies in the next few weeks. As a precaution, they also began steroid therapy for babies's lungs to help them mature faster. The babies are doing well. Everyday I can feel the babies's movements more prominently than the day before. it really is an unbelievable experience. As I continue to watch my belly grow rapidly, I can only imagine how quickly the babies are growing from within as well. We appreciate all the love support our families and friends have shown us throughout the entire process. We are truly blessed. We hope that you'll check in with us from time to time on our blog. Feel free to leave us a comment to say hello, we would love to hear from you. With lots of love, C&B

1 comment:

  1. Cheryl, I've always known you to be such a strong person!!! You will get through this, especially with all the love and support of your family and friends!!! You will have 2 beautiful gifts at the end of all this!! love you with all my heart!! Xoxo
    Amanda

    ReplyDelete