Age Tracker

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Monday, April 23, 2012

The gossiping nurse: Donna

I especially like my nurse today. She was very helpful in providing some information about some of the hospital services that they offer. Plus, she's a little chattier (but not to chatty) than some of the others- which was actually kind of pleasant. When you're stuck in a room that you can't leave, you don't have too much face-to-face contact with anyone aside from the cleaning lady, your nurse, and the person who delivers your meals. Needless to say, I know them all by face now. I always wondered about the other patients in the antepartum unit. The nurse told me there are about 7 of us here. You never see them, or have any clue who they are or why they are here. As I was saying, my nurse today loves to talk... She filled me on some insight as to a couple of patients in the unit, including my next door neighbor. Apparently, she is the other person aside from myself that they like to call the extended-stay patients (patients that they foresee staying for awhile). She too was inquiring about a massage and nail services. So our nurse helped us exchange some information. I provided her with the number to the masseuse and she gave me the number to the nail salon. I also know that she has a yung child at home. Every evening the significant other always bring their child in to visit mom. I know this because it's like clockwork.... I hear a kid screaming & running around next door. Kudos to her, I don't know how she's handling being here while she has a young kid at home. I mean I have 3 puppies and a husband that I worry and miss at home as it is. I also learned that the is another expectant mother of twins here besides myself. From what I gathered from my nurse, she must be a little further along than myself. Well, that's all that I have to report for now.... Welcome to my world of excitement. LoL

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you can use more regular company. Thinking of coming by tomorrow night w the kids. If u want, I'm sure Avery will let you borrow her meshu and her sock doll. Both are almost the size of Marta! We'd be happy to bring them with us if u want :)

    ReplyDelete