Age Tracker

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Tuesday, April 17, 2012

My first night at the hospital was rough. I really didn't expect it to be easy. It was the first night away from the comforts of your own home and I also didn't have Bri there sleeping next to me. When you're in the hospital being monitored it's exactly just that.... The nurses come in every 3 hours to take your vitals and/or give you medication, so you're constantly being woken up throughout the night. That night particularly was also very hard to get any rest because I had the worst episodes of heartburn throughout the night. I finally got to bed at 5:30am (just as the sun was getting ready to come up) and was woken up at 7:30am in time for my next medication dose given to me by the nurse. My private hospital room is as comfortable as can be expected. I have my pillow and blanket that I packed from home. I also brought my own pajamas so I don't have to wear that hideous hospital gown that never seems to fit. The views from the room are really nice. You can see views of Newport Harbor and Balboa Island from the sofa. As for the food, they come every 4 hours with 3 square meals a day. The food surprisingly isn't too bad. It's pretty healthy, well proportioned, and tasty. I can imagine that after a week stay at the hospital after trying all the different meals it would get old really fast. Besides, I'm always so spoiled at home with Bri's cooking that it only makes me miss home even more. As for the babies, everything is stable and I'm not having a new a symptoms that's a good sign. The doctor wants to do more tests and repeat another in 2 weeks from now. If there's no signs of distress on my behalf as well as the babies, they will consider sending me home at that point for continued strict-bed rest at home. So we will continue to keep positive and pray that all goes well each day at a time. Thanks for checking with us. Cheryl

1 comment: