Age Tracker

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Thursday, April 19, 2012

People always ask what it is I do all day while on bed rest.... And those of you who know me well, know that I have to stay busy and always on the go. So to be told that you have to kick up your feet and are only allowed to get up to use the restroom has been a challenge. Throughout the past couple weeks, I've developed a routine for my day. When I first wake up I'll make sure those babies are awake also and say hello to them and usually have some breakfast and watch the morning news. If there's one suggestion that I've taken into account while on bed rest is to get lots of rest while I can. So before lunch time I'll have taken an hour nap. While I nap I usually have the tv off and John Majer, Taylor Swift, Ben Harper, or Jason Mraz on pandora playing while I nap, I find it relaxing. I'm reading a few books also these days. I've started The Lucky One by Nicholas Sparks (author of The Notebook) and a very informative book on premature babies and the first five years. After 2:00pm, usually I'll indulge in the tv shows that I've been watching, shows that I never got the chance to watch while they were regularly televised. My favorite thus far that I've already finished was Dexter. I love the derange crime scene type shows. I've started Lost and so far it's kept my interest. The end of the day is the part of the day I look forward to most... Usually Bri gets home around 5-5:30 so I get to catch up with him and actually have a conversation face to face with someone. That pretty much sums up my day, everyday. Although its been challenging, there's nothing more that both Bri and I want than to have a healthy baby boy and baby girl to take home someday soon (but not too soon).

2 comments:

  1. So funny that ur routine already includes waking up the babies. Just curious but how do u wake up babies that are in ur belly??? Do they kick u for waking them up too early?? Haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, the boy defiantly lets me know when he's awake .... He kicks so hard I can feel it in my va-jay .

      Delete