Age Tracker

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Friday, May 25, 2012

Austin & Malia: 2 weeks old today!

Happy 2 weeks to our little angels. Getting to know our babies this early on is something I wouldn't change. I think this journey will mold them to be exactly what they're meant to be- fighters! To be able to watch them grow each day is something that we are so blessed to be a part of and so proud as parents to see them overcome these day-to-day battles of being a preemie. A part of me misses being pregnant, only because I was able to keep them close and safe within me. Being able to feel every kick and every hiccup was comforting to know that they were still with me and safe. Having delivered early I feel like that was taken away so abruptly. I think it's every parent's natural instinct to want to keep their kids safe. But they are strong and thriving each day...and we are so proud of them. The best thing we can do for them is to let them know how much we love them and are so blessed to have them in our lives. Each day they teach us how to fight, and that makes them our heroes. Austin is now up to 3lbs 1oz and Malia is 2lbs 5oz. Their tiny little bodies are growing, their cute little bellies are filling out and their personalities are as vivid as can be. I love that Austin finds comfort in grasping at our finger and holding tight (with his pacifier in his mouth of course) and Malia loves to be held and in the arms of mom & dad. We love that our family & friends follow us on the blog and are able to enjoy this journey with us. Life is so precious and Austin & Malia are examples of just how fullfilling and meaningful life can be.

No comments:

Post a Comment