Age Tracker

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Update from Mommy....

This is my first post since the delivery of Austin & Malia. I know Brian has been keeping everyone updated while I recovered. What can I say but it's been a whirlwind these past few days. Even though my condition of mandatory bedrest would give some possibility of an early delivery, it was a huge surprise to me on Friday as I realized that I was in the throws of labor. Things were pretty calm til one early morning I was woken up with terrible contractions, as most of you read. Well, everything is history from there, just as quickly as I was brought into the OR to deliver the twins, I am now sitting here with just a few hours left til they discharge me. It's such a bittersweet moment....although I was ready to go be-at-home with my puppies and hubby and finish the pregnancy I am now forced to go home without them and leave our precious babies behind to continue their growth here in the hands of the NICU staff. It makes me sad. I know they are in the hands that can give them the best care they need. Just as we've made adjustments while being on strict bed rest in the hospital, this will have to be another adjustment to make. There's nothing Bri and I wouldn't do to ensure that Austin & Malia receive everything that they need for a healthy and safe remaining weeks ahead. It's a whole different experience to witness the growth of your babies for your own eyes. There's milestones in their growth that you witness and it's something that as a parent brings you so much joy. It's funny because as an ultrasound tech, we follow these babies and their developments in utero and it's another to experience it in real life.... Especially if their your own. I've been watching the growth of our babies since they were just tiny follicles on my ovaries. That's how I know that they are something very special to us. Today, Austin was turned so that he was laying on his tummy. He seemed to like that. He was less fidgety and seemed content. We just watched through the glass as we know the more they sleep the more they grow. Still his personality is so distinct and we love that he's our wiggle worm and lets know even this early on if he needs something. Let me tell you he hates those wet diapers! I know we laugh at it now... I'm sure when we get home and we are forced to change him everytime we won't be laughing then :) Malia, our sweet little girl, she's so tiny and delicate she is hardly fussy and loves to sleep. Today, I got to change her diaper for the first time and she did not like that. I on the other hand was just so happy that I was able to do something for her. It's hard in this moment in time because they are so small and so delicate that you don't have that opportunity to just hold them in your arms and show them that you are there. Every day will be a new day and we are just thankful that we have so many people that care for them so much already. We will keep everyone posted and we'll be sure to takes lots of pics. Thanks again to everyone who reached out and sent their well wishes, we were overwhelmed with the love that we received!

1 comment:

  1. Love is such a strange phenomenon. Instead of something that we ration to those we meet along life's journey, it is something that grows exponentially as we meet the special people in our lives. From my love for Paula came the love for Kurt and Brian. Then Cheryl and Cindi were added to our lives and we just found more love. When Rylan, Arden, Austin, and Malia were added I could never have imagined hove much love I had to give (and receive). Your life's journey is just beginning and you have no idea how much love is ahead!

    ReplyDelete